Upcoming Events Schedule
Mahone's Tavern & Museum PublicSchedule
22341 Main Street, Courtland, VA
The following dates and times are for open house tours of Mahone's Tavern & Museum:
Saturday, September 9, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. Heritage Day
Wednesday, October 4, 2017 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Wednesday, November 1, 2017 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday, December 1, 2017 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. William Mahone's Birthday
Saturday, January 13, 2018 2 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Wednesday, February 7 2018 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Wednesday, March 7, 2018 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Saturday, April 14, 2018 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. Down Home Day
Groups or individual tours by appointment - contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fifth Annual Candlelight Raffle Steak Dinner for Eight - December 10, 2017 - The Board of Directors and friends of the Tavern held its fifth annual fund raising dinner for eight which was enjoyed this year by the winning ticket holder Mike Davenport and his guests John Sharrett, Harry Liniger, Tomlin Cobb and their wives. A picture memorializing this event can be found under the "Media" section of homepage of this website.
Fourth Annual Candlelight Raffle Steak Dinner for Eight - Saturday, December 3, 2016 - Tickets are on sale and will be going fast. Previous guests for the previous Tavern Candlelight Dinners have given us rave reviews. The winning ticket will be able to invite seven (7) guests to enjoy a wonderful meal prepared and served by the Board and friends of the Tavern in a unique and historic atmosphere. Please contact any board member for tickets or see the Contact Us page on this website. Tickets are still only $10 each or 3 for $25.
- Heritage Day Open House - Saturday, Septemper 12, 2015 - Displays of historic relics, memorabilia, artifacts and more.
- Third Annual Christmas Dinner Drawing - November 19, 2015 - Tickets will be going on sale soon. Previous guests have given us rave reviews and the word has spread so tickets will be selling fast. The winning ticket will be able to invite seven (7) guests to enjoy a wonderful meal prepared and served by the Board and friends of the Tavern in a unique and historic atmosphere in our community. Please contact any board member for tickets or see the Contact Us page on this website. Tickets are $10 each or 3 for $25.
- Third Annual Christmas Dinner - Saturday, December 5, 2015
- Model 1863 Springfield Rifle Drawing - This rifle was made from original parts. The stock was made from a walnut tree removed from the Mahone Tavern property. Tickets are $10 each or 3 for $25. Please contact Jim Beale at email@example.com for tickets or more information. The drawing will be held during the annual Christmas Dinner on December 5, 2015.
- December 6: The Mahone’s Tavern and Museum & Museum Inc. hosted the Second Annual Christmas Dinner Raffle dinner on the evening of December 6, 2014. The winner and 7 guests will enjoy a wonderful meal prepared and served by the Board and friends of the Tavern. Tickets will be $10.00 each or three for $25.00 and will go on sale soon. Contact the Tavern (please see Contact Us page), or contact any board member for tickets.
Heritage Day Open House - Guests, William Mahone V, William Mahone, VI, Carol Brooks, g-g-granddaughter of Gen. Wm. Mahone
- July 31 - Bingo Fund Raiser
- Franklin Garden Club Tour (Mahone's Tavern Selected As A Site On The Tour)